Corbin has been to see Santa by himself....
Cason went with Madi and Lucy and refused to leave Scott's arms....
And yesterday I took Corbin and Cason to see Santa together. We have been talking about Santa a lot (after I saw how scared he was a couple of weeks ago) and Cason had decided that he would like to tell Santa he wanted some presents for Christmas. No particular item but just presents in general. He said he would sit on his lap and he had been asking me for several days when he could go see Santa. I was still not sure what he would do. My expectations were VERY low. I didn't think I would be able to get Cason on Santa's lap at all (even though he said he would sit in his lap----he likes to talk a big game)---I figured this would be a screaming picture. But to my surprise, Cason actually sat in his lap and we got a couple of smiles!
If was funny though because right when it was time to get out of the stroller and get in his lap, Cason quickly lost his excitement. He got back in the stroller and said he wanted to go home. I told him if he wanted some presents, he would need to go sit in Santa's lap and tell him. Cason said, "No mommy, my don't want presents". (he says my for I) After some bribery and some help from the sweet Santa we got him to sit in his lap with no tears----yea! Of course they are both not smiling but I knew that would never happen! When the pictures were over Cason PROMPTLY hopped out of his lap and got back into the stroller and asked for his candy cane to be unwrapped---ha!
I tried to run some errands at the mall after we saw Santa but shopping with two little ones in a crowded mall proved to be unsuccessful. Cason was singing Jingle Bells as loud as he could. It was very cute and all BUT people were staring at us---which he loves so he just got louder and louder AND he was pulling and reaching for everything that was within his arms reach from the stroller. He was putting on such a good show that I called it a day and we came home---LOL
This is Cason right before school today. They had their school Christmas party today---it was a Happy Birthday Jesus party. I would have taken some pictures at school but it was raining so hard when I got there and when we left so I was just too afraid the camera would get wet so I left it in the car. It was a cute little party----they tried to get the kids to sing a couple of songs for the parents but of course 99% of them just sat there and stared at us (Cason included). They are so precious!





1 comment:
I LOVE all the pictures! Cason--what a ham! So sweet.
Post a Comment