Thursday, October 27, 2011

Terrible Twos

We are definitely still experiencing the "terrible twos". In fact, I think we have been experiencing them since he turned one---only it keeps getting worse---ha! We have a very spirited, strong-willed, loud, sweet, precious boy. He has taken his screaming fits to a whole new level lately and all we can do is laugh sometimes (even though it is NOT at all funny). We are really trying to work on this and I have at least 10 parenting books about toddlers that I keep saying I am going to read---there is just never enough time to read a whole book. I read parts here and there and hope for the best.

He is so funny now that he talks so much. He loves to tell me "No", "Stop doing that", and "No Sir!"----I guess he hears those things so often he feels the need to repeat them to me when he is mad.

It seems like he is having tantrums all the time but in reality, he is being cute and sweet much more often than he is throwing tantrums. He loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses. One of his favorite things right now is just to sit in your lap and have you read book after book to him. He says "I love you" all the time just to be sweet. He gets the most precious look on his face when he is singing a song to you. He gets very concerned about Corbin when he is crying. He will keep telling him "you okay Corbin, you okay". There are so many sweet things that he does on a daily basis.

I read this on another mom's blog today and it is so true....

 "Wishing away the “terrible” part of being two also means wishing away the sweet parts of being two."

I definitely don't want to wish away this special time. In fact, I wish I could bottle it up forever. I love my precious two year old (tantrums and all).

No comments: